With the cooperation and collaboration of all health authorities, PICNet’s Working Groups and Committees create opportunities for infection control specialists to work together to identify priorities and solutions for important infection prevention and control issues across the province.
Together these professionals provide recommendations to support a consistent, effective approach to healthcare associated infection prevention, control and surveillance. Provincially focused, PICNet also contributes to national and international initiatives aimed at improving health outcomes.
- Scientific Operations Advisory Committee (disbanded) – Provincial IPAC Steering Committee (pending)
- PICNet Surveillance Working Group (Katherine Sunderland, PICNet – Chair)
- Provincial Hand Hygiene Working Group (Lisa Young, Island Health – Chair)
- Provincial COVID IPAC/WHS Working Group (Tara Donovan, PICNet, Brian Sagar, Ministry of Health & Dave Keen, Fraser Health – Co-chairs)
- Provincial Infection Prevention and Control High-Threat Pathogens Sub-Working Group (Tara Donovan, PICNet – Chair)
- Precautions Signs (Noorsallah Esmail, PICNet – Chair)