In order to complete the Provincial Hand Hygiene Education Module or the Infection Prevention and Control Basics module, you will need a PHSA LearningHub account. Anyone can have a LearningHub account; you do not have to work for a BC health authority. Once you have created an account, you will be able to track your courses and print certificates of completion. Please note: for any issues with your LearningHub account, including creating/updating your account, completing the modules, and/or printing your certificate, please go to http://learninghubhelp.phsa.ca/, and not PICNet. Thanks!
Creating a new account
1. Go to https://learninghub.phsa.ca/Learner/Home and choose “Sign up for an account”
2. Per the instructions, enter your name, email address, and a password
3. You will be sent a confirmation email; when you receive this, click on the link, then read and accept the Terms and Conditions.
4. The next page asks you your job role; choose accordingly (screenshot below).
- Health care staff employed directly by a health authority, including residential care staff that work for a health authority owned and operated facility, should choose #1 in the screenshot below.
- Health care staff who work for a facility that is affiliated with (but not directly owned and operated by) a health authority should choose Affiliate/Contractor (#2 in the screenshot below), and then the relevant health authority that your facility is affiliated with.
- Health care staff who work for a facility that is not affiliated with a health authority should choose #2, and then click on “My health organization is not listed” (green arrow in screenshot below).
- If you are a member of the general public and are not sure if you will become a volunteer, choose General Public for now; you can change your status later if you become a volunteer.
5. Done! You are now ready for search for courses and enroll in them.
Important: LearningHub Help
If you need help with creating an account, modifying your account, searching for and enrolling in courses, and/or any technical issues you encounter while doing the online modules, please go to http://learninghubhelp.phsa.ca rather than contacting PICNet (we have no control over, and cannot help with, any technical issues regarding the Learninghub site).
Please note: after you complete courses and pass your test, it can take up to a few hours for your certificate to be available. If the certificate is still not available after 1 day, please contact http://learninghubhelp.phsa.ca (and not PICNet) about this.